Please be advised that at the Electronic Special Meeting of Council on Friday, March 27, 2020, Town Council authorized the following financial relief measures for the Town of Greater Napanee Community, effective immediately until further notice:
- Waive all interest and penalties for the April 24, 2020 tax installment (normally added May 1, 2020). A reassessment will be done in May to possibly extend tax interest and penalty suspension for longer periods;
- Waive all interest and penalties for the March 27, 2020 utilities due date (normally added April 1, 2020 and would cover all interest up until the May 27, 2020 due date). A reassessment will be done in May to possibly extend utilities interest and penalty suspension for longer periods;
- Remove residents and businesses from Pre-authorized Payment (PAP) plans, as requested;
- Waive any NSF fees on PAP transactions for April and May 2020;
- Waive the requirement for bag tags on
an unlimited number ofthree bagged garbage placed out for weekly pick-up at the curb.
- Roblin and South Fredericksburgh Waste Sites
shall remain closedre-open Saturday April 18.
These recommendations have come into effect due to the current social and economic situation as a result of the COVID-19 emergency. This Electronic Special Meeting of Council is available for viewing on the Town’s YouTube page, “Town of Greater Napanee.”